Re: [Nmh-workers] A --prefix friendly install

2014-10-02 13:02:06
On 2 October 2014 at 13:41, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>wrote:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nmh --libdir=/usr/local/nmh/lib64

I'm wondering wy you have --libdir with a lib64 suffix?  We don't ship any
libraries; the only thing that goes in there are executables.  Which is
a problem, admittedly; that's why Lyndon wants to move them to libexecdir.
However, I think that we'll have to stick with mhparam returning libexecdir
for libdir.

Ken,

The short answer is that since moving to 64 bit OS, I've specified

--libdir=/usr/local/lib64

for any package I build from source.  Since I put nmh in it's own subdir,
it is only "logical" to make it also lib64

--Ken

jerry
     // Jerry Heyman               | We are all born ignorant, but
    //  Amigan Forever :-)         | one must work hard to remain stupid
\\ //   heymanj at acm dot org     | -- Benjamin Franklin
 \X/    http://www.hobbeshollow.com|