[Nmh-workers] file(1) reports .mh_profile type as message/news

2014-10-28 20:50:23
This behavior of file(1) has been noted in the past:

    $ file --brief --mime-type .mh_profile
    message/news

file looks for a text line starting with "Path:", and a few
other tokens that don't matter here, and reports the type as
message/news if it finds it.  If I insert a different line,
it gets around that:

    $ cat .mh_profile
    Profile-Version: 1.0

    $ file --brief --mime-type .mh_profile
    text/plain

    $ file --version
    file-5.14
    magic file from /etc/magic:/usr/share/misc/magic

If there are no other suggestions, I'll have install-mh
insert that line into its newly generated profiles.  Those
of us who mail our profiles as attachments might want to
insert it in our own.

David