[Nmh-workers] iCalendar support

2014-10-31 12:09:53
I've been looking at iCalendar (RFC 5545) support and started
playing around with a utility to handle .ics files.  It would
be a filter that could generate a reply (accept, tentative, or
deny) or a cancellation from an iCalendar request.  Or it
could view the request in some nice format.  That format could
be decided by the user if we use the format engine.

And I started playing around with how to integrate it into repl.
This mhbuild directive seems to work:

    #text/calendar; charset=utf-8; method=REPLY *8bit | mhstore -noverbose
-type text/calendar -file "$mhaltmsg" -outfile - | mhical -reply accept

to generate the accept reply, where mhical is the new utility.
It'd be easy enough to add a switch to repl to generate that
directive.  Is that the way we want to go?

repl would need to determine the correct charset parameter and
C-T-E, and would also need to check that there was exactly one
iCalendar request in the message being replied to.  I'm not sure
what to do if there's more than one.  I have yet to receive such
a message, so my inclination is to punt.  The user could instead
extract and reply to each request by itself.  Or, repl could
reply to each one the same way.  I don't think it's worth
complicating the interface to support different replies to
multiple requests in a message.

Thoughts?

David