[Nmh-workers] default Content-Type boundary value?

2014-11-25 06:09:41
Hi,

I use the MARC.info mailing list archive a lot. It's referred to very
frequently by a few projects, including OpenBSD.

I noticed a problem with their handling of attachments from nmh:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=140580811120125&w=2

I narrowed it down to the following header in mails with attachments
(which I generate with "attach" at the whatnow prompt):

I ran "mime" and then replaced the boundary value in the header and
body with what I've seen in GMail emails:

This email was interpreted correctly:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=141691600206306&w=2

I'm guessing this is a bug in the MARC.info software, and I sent a bug
report to the operators. But in the interest of pragmatism, would it
make sense for nmh to pick a boundary value that is less likely to
trigger bugs in other software?

--
Anthony J. Bentley