Re: [Nmh-workers] MH-W intro/help request

2014-12-01 21:03:38
Erich wrote:

Big request (the one I have only a poor workaround for):
   I need a feature in the MIME support (or just help if I'm
   totally confused).  I have for the life of me not been able
   to figure out how to get "Content-IDs" listed.

The (undocumented) -debug switch to mhlist will show any
Content-IDs.

   Ideally, it would be useful to have both "mhlist" support
   listing Content-IDs and "mhstore" to be able to use them to
   identify the part in question,

That does sound like the ideal approach.  At this point, mhstore
doesn't support selection by Content-ID.

Lesser request (but still good from a cleanliness perspective):
   Right now, there is no way I have found to get which messages are
   "unseen" (or some other mechanism) other than effectively listing
   all the unseen messages in a folder.  The 2 methods I know of,
   both using "pick" and using "mark" list them all.  If you have
   a large email folder this is prohibitive.  So, either pick or
   mark having the capability to use the sequences to "qualify"
   an existing message list would be good.  My workaround right now
   is that I at least use "mark -list -sequence <foo>" to get the
   sequence, but yes then I have to parse the whole sequence list
   to figure out where my current pick list resides.

I think you're looking for conjunction but I'm not sure.  Can
you get what you need with multiple pick calls and grep, join,
etc.?

David