Re: [Nmh-workers] MH-W intro/help request

2014-12-02 08:53:00
Hi Erich,

Does this not work for you?

% pick unseen <pick arguments>

`pick unseen 42' does a union of both.  There's no `-inseq unseen'
option to pick.

There's

    pick -seq foo 42 314
    mark -seq foo -del notunseen
    pick -list -seq foo
    mark -seq foo -del all

`not' is my ~/.mh_profile's `sequence-negation: not'.  The second pick
might complain `foo' doesn't exist and exit(1).  If it doesn't, you can
clean up with the second mark.

I also very much do not want to, say, produce another sequence as the
output, since, at least so far, MH-W is essentially stateless and you
can have any number of email windows showing any number of things in
any sequence, and it all works properly.  I.e. it passes whatever
selection parameters (folder, message lists, etc.) to each command, it
extracts components of messages to standard output for inclusion into
the web page, inline images are done using "Data URIs" so they don't
have to call back to the webserver, etc.

So, having the MH-W framework itself using any temporary files or
lists is a show-stopper for me at this time.

Given it's cleaning up, I think the above is OK with foo being the UUID
equivalent for an MH sequence name.  :-)  Note, if the user has `pick:
-seq lp' in ~/.mh_profile, or similar, then your uses of pick, etc.,
might affect that global state anyway, e.g. `lp' value, unless steps are
taken to avoid it.

Cheers, Ralph.