Re: [Nmh-workers] dot locking broken?

2015-02-11 20:38:03
But I have to ask why someone would want to run things this way.  BSD
systems - by definition - use flock() in /var/mail.  If you run MH with
dot locking for /var/mail, you're eventually going to lose mail, since
the MDA will still use flock(), even if you don't.  Not to mention other
tools in ports that will be assuming flock() for /var/mail.

I know the user was on FreeBSD, but a quick googling shows me that there
are a number of places that use dot-locking on the mail spool.  Also,
it sounded like Martin was just testing things.  Seems reasonable to
make it work.