Re: [Nmh-workers] dot locking broken?

2015-02-12 21:29:49
Marcin wrote:

David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> wrote:

Using setegid() is ok according to POSIX.1-2004, it was previously
just a BSD extension.

Thanks.  Committed.  I also added a check for success of setegid(),
and adios() on failure.

I was also wondering if we should give the user to abort waiting
for a lock with ^C.

I tried, and ^C works for me (on Linux).

That's interesting, from what I see in the inc code SIGINT is
trapped in inc.c, lines 513++ ?

And that code is conditional on trnflag.  I was testing with -file,
which didn't use it.  It looks like the signal handlers are there
to avoid corruption when the mailbox would be modified.  I think
they should be retained.

David