Re: [Nmh-workers] yahoo mailing list addresses

2015-02-24 17:53:14
so now i'm wondering:  is there some IMAP feature, or possibly some
new standard (or, more likely, new convention) for pulling the
author's address either from an X-Original-From: header, or from the
quoted text in the From: line?

I've seen the same thing for a Yahoo mailing list I'm also on.  I have
to believe they're using X-Original-From; parsing the display-name
would be too problematic, I'd think.  I know of no RFC that documents
this behavior, so I think it's just a convention that has just organically
developed.

Handling that in nmh should actually be pretty straightforward.  I
would personally lean toward not making it the default (but we should
definitely provide an example on how to configure it if a user is
interested).