Re: [Nmh-workers] .mh_profile entry for: Content-Disposition: inline; filename="...

2015-03-01 19:51:14
Thanks for all your work!  Been using mh or nmh fron commandline since
the early '90s.  I'm on 1.5 on Linux, looking forward to nmh 1.6. --

You might want to consider upgrading to 1.6, as we have a number of MIME
improvements.  But we don't have an exact solution to this problem.

First off ... mhstore is the tool provided to store content
from MIME messages.  It can get the filename parameter from the
Content-Disposition header.  We don't have a way of accesing parameters
in the Content-Disposition header.  Should we?  Maybe.  It would require
some work.  It's sort of not the normal flow as envisioned ... if you're
"showing" some email, you typically don't need the suggested filename
in the disposition header.  In 1.6 we now won't try to display images
like that at all in mhshow by default, but that doesn't really help you
if you really want to save every jpeg you get.

Looking at the parameter escapes available in mhshow ... I don't really
see a great solution.  I suppose the simplest solution is to simply
alias mhshow to "mhshow; mhstore -auto -type image/jpeg".