Re: [Nmh-workers] How Does One Set mts.conf for msmtp as Sendmail?

2015-07-20 22:03:05
Ken Hornstein writes:
I feel obligated to point out that nmh can speak TLS and perform
authentication natively, so if that's all you need no other tools are
required.  But, if you really wish to use msmtp, it looks like you
just need to change the entry in mts.conf for "sendmail" to point to
the msmtp binary (which looks like it's normally installed as
/usr/bin/msmtp). e.g.:

sendmail: /usr/bin/msmtp

Somehow, I missed that nmh could authenticate that way. All I am
trying to do is send out-bound mail to my ISP's smtp server
since I can use it at no extra charge. I did successfully
configure fetchmail to retrieve in-bound messages and send them
to procmail so that part is done and works.

        I'll try changing mts.conf as you suggested and, failing
that, I will scrap msmtp and give nmh's TLS engine a try. I
don't really care as long as I get something working in this
decade.:-)

        Thanks for the information.

Martin McCormick