Re: [Nmh-workers] base64 ... just looking for advice

2016-01-24 11:25:53
Wolfgang wrote:

Well, at least the HTML part is still marked as charset="iso-8859-1"
and Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit, and indeed it contains ISO-8859-1
characters.

Right, mhfixmsg (currently) only converts text/plain content.

Either fixmhmsg should not touch the HTML part at all, i. e. leave it
quoted-printable encoded as it was in the original message,  or, if it
decodes it, it should use the same character set for all parts.

I'd rather not leave it as quoted-printable.  More generally, the content
could be base64 encoded, which I would really want to decode.

Using two different character sets for parts in a single message is
somehow bound to break...

I'm not sure what mhfixmsg should do here.  Should it convert
text/html content?  All text content?

David