Re: [Nmh-workers] [Patch] show's handling of showproc/showmimeproc switches

2016-01-27 12:58:12
If this is intended, then show's handling of its argv don't appear to be
able to do it: show reorders its argv and tries to resolve some of the
elements as message lists on the way to calling showproc or
showmimeproc. This has some undesired consequences (examples below):

I knew this was a problem, but I never drilled down to exactly which switches
were problematic.  Thank you for submitting this patch to clean that up.

In the larger meta-issue concerns (heh, I keep doing that today), if you
look at the original MH design show(1)'s job was to SELECT messages, and
mhl(1)'s job was to actually display them.  So keeping with that, mhl should
become MIME-aware and mhshow should just go away.  That's on my to-do list,
but sadly real life has gotten in the way.