Re: [Nmh-workers] Future directions for nmh

2016-03-12 10:06:28
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
But I have to ask about the idea of going from one MIME part to another;
do you really want to do that?  I can only go on how I interact with
messages; almost always, I want to read the text part, and then interact
in some other way with non-text parts (generally save them or open them
with another tool).  'Stepping' through MIME parts is just not something
that makes sense to me.  Sure, I want to make it as flexible as possible
and just because something doesn't make sense to me doesn't mean it shouldn't
be possible!  But I do want to understand the usage case completely.  It
occurs to me that if we do it right we could make it easy to accomplish
this via scripts, which strikes me as more of the 'MH way' (basically,
provide the tools to interrogate the MIME structure of a message and then
go to the "next" MIME part).

Hear, Hear. But I assume and hope that you are talking about new commands
rather than more arguments to additional commands.

    Norman Shapiro