[Nmh-workers] mts.conf that works with fastmail?

2016-05-22 21:59:33
Today I was just trying to configure nmh with fastmail, and I came
across this thread, so I post my configuration for anyone else who comes
across this thread while trying to configure nmh for fastmail.

I wound up with the following send command.

  send -server smtps-proxy.messagingengine.com -port 80 -initialtls \
    -sasl -user tlevine(_at_)fastmail(_dot_)com -saslmech LOGIN

If I understand correctly, initialtls is TLS and tls is STARTTLS.

And it slightly off-topic, but maybe of interest to people who find this
page with a search: I didn't manage to receive POP mail from nmh with
inc, so I used getmail. Here is my redacted getmailrc.

  [retriever]
  type = SimpleIMAPSSLRetriever
  mailboxes = ("INBOX",)
  move_on_delete = INBOX.Archive
  server = mail.messagingengine.com
  username = tlevine(_at_)fastmail(_dot_)com
  password = xxxxxx

  [options]
  delete = True

  [destination]
  type = MDA_external
  path = /usr/local/libexec/slocal
  arguments = ('-user', 'tlevine')

Note that the two delete flags aren't necessary and that you have to
write ~/.maildelivery if you use slocal. You can use the Mboxrd type
instead of MDA_external for slightly simpler configuration.
http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/configuration.html#destination-mboxrd