Re: [Nmh-workers] RFC 2047 vs RFC 2231 encoding for MIME parameters

2016-10-03 00:05:20

Ken Hornstein wrote:
That's what I implemented in mhfixmsg:  just Content-Type name and
Content-Disposition filename.

I think we're all fine with that; I'm wondering if we should see if it's
an RFC 2047-encoded filename and just decode it automatically.

that would follow the principle of least astonishment, considering all the broken UI's our users will have seen or used before they found MH, and considering how widely broken this protocol element has become.

+1.

--
P Vixie