[Nmh-workers] gmail oauth2 howto

2016-10-09 11:28:18
Hi all,

I'm trying to get the new oauth2 support working but find the documentation
to be somewhat sparse and need some assistance.

The overall goal is to be able to forward a bunch of messages to a gmail
account using dist (so the 822 To/From headers will be intact as well as
the mime structure).

First issue,
Using normal smtp/port26 I managed to filre a nice bash loop over the
meesages sending them one bu one using dist, and '-whatnowproc send'. Works
fine, but how am I supposed to add the handlful of headers which seems to
be required for send using oauth?

Second issue,
Trying to send a single message interactively...what's the mts.conf
settings required? I tried server=smtp.gmail.com and strace suggests that
it figures out to use port 587 itself (triggerd by the -sasl I guess), but
smtp.gmail.com has no AUTH support.

telnet smtp.gmail.com 587
Trying 64.233.164.109...
Connected to gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 smtp.gmail.com ESMTP f3sm5205215lff.21 - gsmtp
EHLO work.lan
250-smtp.gmail.com at your service, [83.226.198.32]
250-SIZE 35882577
250-8BITMIME
250-STARTTLS
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-CHUNKING
250 SMTPUTF8
451 4.4.2 Timeout - closing connection. f3sm5205215lff.21 - gsmtp
Connection closed by foreign host.

What's the server to use?
https://developers.google.com/gmail/xoauth2_protocol speaks of mx.google.com
(which does not resolve in DNS from over here), and of Capabilities the
google advertised server https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en
don't seem to have?

Any pointer to a howto or some such?

/Anders