Re: [Nmh-workers] gmail oauth2 howto

2016-10-09 12:49:59
Ken wrote:

[Anders:]
Trying to send a single message interactively...what's the mts.conf
settings required? I tried server=smtp.gmail.com and strace suggests that
it figures out to use port 587 itself (triggerd by the -sasl I guess),

nmh (post(1) now defaults to using the submission port, 587.

Try adding -tls to send; smtp.gmail.com won't advertise that it supports
SASL until you negotiate TLS.

Yup, I use this, it's one of the examples in the send(1) man page:

    sendfrom-gmail_address(_at_)example(_dot_)com: -sasl -saslmech xoauth2
        -authservice gmail -tls -server smtp.gmail.com
        -user gmail_login(_at_)example(_dot_)com

You might not be using sendfrom, but the send switchs are the same
without it.  (I'll add the missing -sasl.)

I don't override any of the mts.conf defaults.

David