Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-10-14 13:52:48
Ralph wrote:

I think the test is mhparam(1)'s checking for a TTY on FDs 0, 1, and
2.  OpenBSD's man page says $SHELL is used.  Perhaps the test can
make use of this.

    $ cat >cmd
    #! /bin/sh

    mhparam path
    $ chmod +x cmd
    $ SHELL=`pwd`/cmd script

I went with this approach.  And I had to add a run-time check that
script(1) does what we want, by making the program that it runs
look like it's connected to a terminal.  I don't see any obvious
pattern for that:  FreeBSD 10 and Fedora 24 do, Fedora 18 on ARM7
and Ubuntu 14 don't.  Anyway, the test should be robust now.

Thanks, Ralph.

David