[Nmh-workers] Unexpected munging of outgoing message with nmh 1.6

2016-11-07 11:53:12
I just sent out a plain-text message that had some C code in it,
including a macro definition with backslashes at the ends of lines.

Ordinarily, and in every previous version of nmh, that would have
been transmitted as-is.  But today, something decided that it needed
to be transmitted as quoted-printable, and that seems to have included
a decision that backslash-newline sequences should be deleted.

Needless to say, I'm pretty annoyed.  Fortunately that little bit
of editorialization didn't change the meaning of the C code, but
it sure made it less readable (very long lines).  In other contexts
that could have destroyed the intended meaning of the text altogether.

Why would some purely ASCII text get converted to quoted-printable?
And how can I prevent it from changing the contents of the text
when it does that?

                        regards, tom lane