Re: [Nmh-workers] help me out with mime/base64/gpg please

2017-02-03 09:44:54
normally for encrypted email you'd need to enter in your password to
unlock your private key and we don't really have a good mechanism for
that currently.

There's a gpg-agent(1);  it's kicked off as needed by gpg(1) these days
AIUI.  I've not used it, but I assume it works similarly to ssh-agent in
that you ssh-add(1) a key once, authenticating, and it dishes out the
necessary as and when.  That's how us cool kids SSH willy-nilly about
the Internets without entering passwords.

I am aware of that, but the programs I'm aware of that are like us (tty
based programs) and use GPG successfully are more tightly integrated
and use --status-fd and --batch.  But maybe we should consider using
GPGME, which is what the authors of GPG REALLY want MUAs to use.