Re: [Nmh-workers] help me out with mime/base64/gpg please

2017-02-04 12:04:14
hymie wrote:

But it seems like there is something I'm missing, that will enable
mhshow to say "Oh, base64 and pgp-encrypted.  I should use the
'gpg2 -d %F | less' command to show this part"

Here are some pieces, in addition to gpg-agent, that might help:

1) I think you're looking for this kind of profile entry, as described in
the mhshow(1) man page:

    mhshow-show-application/octet-stream: [ %{name} = encrypted.asc ] &&
      gpg2 -d %F || echo cannot display %a

If it gets more complicated, maybe put the real work into a script
and call that.  Also, multiple profile entries would be needed if
application/octet-stream isn't the only way to identify this type of
content.

2) Something like this might be useful:

    mhstore -noverbose -type application/pgp-encrypted -outfile -

For your example, it just extracts the PGP version to stdout, but again
I'm not sure how general that Content-Type is.

3) The mhshow -notextonly and -noinlineonly switches will probably be
necessary.

David