[Nmh-workers] mhshow in background

2017-03-21 19:59:05
Ralph wrote:
I'd probably attack it by having mhshow start evince, as you do now, and
then `strace -p' the various processes to see what signals are arriving.
Here, using mupdf(1) instead of evince(1), I see mhshow, less, and mupdf
running after `mhshow -part 2'.  On Ctrl-Z they all get SIGTSTP.  less
catches it to restore the terminal and then sends itself SIGTSTP.  It
all works as expected.

This comment makes me think that I wasn't clear.  No problem stopping
evince after the mhshow.  The problem is running it in the background
so that I can look at the pdf and do other stuff at the same time.  When
I do a control-Z followed by a bg the mhshow job and it's children stay
stopped.