Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow in background

2017-03-21 20:18:59
This comment makes me think that I wasn't clear.  No problem stopping
evince after the mhshow.  The problem is running it in the background
so that I can look at the pdf and do other stuff at the same time.  When
I do a control-Z followed by a bg the mhshow job and it's children stay
stopped.

Are you perhaps getting SIGTTIN/SIGTTOU in those processes?  I'm not
sure there's much we can do about that; if more/less are in the pipeline
I think they'll trigger that.  That sounds to me like you should have a
helper which backgrounds evince for you.  Like I said, if we are causing
that (or if we can do something that makes this works better that isn't
TOO much work), then let's talk.