Re: [Nmh-workers] [pick -to] apparently failing for long 'To:' header

2017-05-06 11:55:25
Ralph wrote:

I think a limit so large that a breach suggests something's gone
wrong, or it's a corrupt email, e.g. 100 KiB.  But that obviously
shouldn't be allocated each time; it should grow to that as
needed.  This will all be m_getfld() I assume?  Ken's nememsis?

I would avoid touch m_getfld(), esp. close to a new release.  And if
we just go with NMH_BUFSIZ, for now, we shouldn't need to.

You introduced, IIRC, NMH_BUFSIZ as min(8192, BUFSIZ).

max(8192, BUFSIZ)

That would seem sufficient for one logical header over multiple
physical lines for the moment?  It could be used as the value of
LBSIZE, etc., to minimise diff noise as it's just a temporary fix?
I don't mind having a poke about for the limits that need upping
if that's agreeable.

Sounds good to me.

David