Re: [Nmh-workers] Request Deprecation of mts.conf's mmdelim1 and mmdelim2.

2017-05-22 12:37:22
Lack of From munging?

I suppose that's a reason, but it just seems like mbox has been the
standard for approximately forever and MMDF is one of those weird relics
like UUCP that I only hear about once in a million years.

I think at this point MH/nmh is probably the only tool left that can
deal with such things.

Python's mailbox in the standard library can read them.  Unfortunately,
a GSoC in 2005 rewrote mailbox.py, breaking its support by sticking a
From␣ header before the header section.  I've just opened
http://bugs.python.org/issue30428

So it's been broken for ... 12 years and no one cared until now?  You're
not exactly selling me on this :-)

Python's documention refers to
http://www.tin.org/bin/man.cgi?section=5&topic=mmdf so I guess tin(1)
can.

tin seems like it's a Usenet reader?  Am I wrong?

The reason I bring this up is I had vague plans on writing a mail
message parser using lex/yacc, and I was NOT planning on putting MMDF
support in it.  Well, that would only be for parsing a maildrop; obviously
it wouldn't matter for parsing individual messages.