Re: [Nmh-workers] The -check argument to mhstore

2017-08-27 16:40:11
Is there some reason why I shouldn't always give mhstore a -check argument,
other than perhaps not wanting to possibly waste machine cycles?

I think you will find that almost no MUA other than nmh will generate a
Content-MD5 header.  And nowadays nmh won't do that unless you specifically
tell it to (via the -check switch to mhbuild).  And I have idly thought
about simply getting rid of the MD5 support, since I don't see it being
useful in the modern age (since it's not used in modern crypto protocols
because of how easy it is to create a matching MD5 hash for arbitrary
content).

So, I guess it won't HURT anything, other than maybe generating an error
message at some point in the future when we will theoretically remove
support for it :-)  I do not think it will gain you anything.