Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow manpage (was Re: 1.7rc3: mhl(1) man page refers to old mhl.format name

2017-10-31 12:32:28
Hi Valdis,

Given the deprecated nature of MD5, should we keep this around? When
was the last time one of these was seen in the wild?

My .mh_profile specifies -check for a bunch of programs so Content-MD5
appears if I MIME-process an email, e.g. `forw -mime'.  I don't rely of
it for cryptographically signing stuff, obviously, but it's handy to
have something that can help tell after the event if an email or its
parts got mangled, accidentally or deliberately, especially when running
nmh-git.  :-)

This topic popped up at the end of August, and a few years back when Ken
wanted to "garbage collect" it;  Lyndon then said he made use of it to
spot identical parts across emails.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy