Re: [Nmh-workers] proposed patch for shell metacharacter failure in nmh-1.7

2018-01-15 19:53:32

Steven Winikoff wrote:
My proposal is to simply edit out shell metacharacters (add # and ! like
David suggested) in those strings.  That seems simple and reasonable to
me.  Well, maybe replace them with an _ or something.

For what it's worth I'd prefer the "replace them with _" option, but even
without it this would do what I'm looking for.

would a new .mh_profile entry that gave arguments for /usr/bin/tr do the trick? that is, could you as a user do the #,! -> _ or even "-d #!" so that the default would be no editing

--
P Vixie

--
Nmh-workers