Re: [Nmh-workers] switches and smatch

2018-01-29 10:32:16
May be the current -help option of most commands with some post processing is
good enough?

Under zsh on FreeBSD I use, for example,
    compctl -K listifnets ifconfig
    listifnets() { set -A reply $(ifconfig -l) }
Now whenever I try autocompleting ifconfig’s argument, zsh runs the
listifnets command which sets variable reply to existing net interface
names and this is then used for auto completion. This is useful when
the list of words can change dynamically or to avoid cluttering up the
variable name space. When the word list doesn’t change you can use
compctl -k (lowercase k) and provide a fixed word list to it.