Re: [nmh-workers] bug report -- message does not go away

2018-05-11 16:32:41
Edo wrote:

Recently I updated to ubuntu 18.04, and I got the message below.  In
spite of the promise on the last line, the message (and the need to
press "enter" for each email that I read) does not go away.

The easiest fix, I expect, would be to add this to your profile
($HOME/.mh_profile):

Welcome: disable

We should try to understand why you keep seeing the welcome message.
Is your context file writable?  The path to the context file can be
shown by "mhparam context".  It is relative to your MH directory, shown
by "mhparam path".  Does it contain a Version component, such as:

    $ cat `mhparam path`/`mhparam context`
    Current-Folder: inbox
    Version: nmh-1.7

Do you have an MHCONTEXT environment variable set?  "mhparam context"
won't reflect it.

David