Re: [nmh-workers] mts.conf relative sendmail option

2018-05-29 10:36:48
Hi,

It does not recurse because the file is called sendmaill with double ll.

with
sendmail: sendmail
in my mts.conf

I get the error
post: can't exec sendmail: No such file or directory

But with
sendmail: /home/cyber/.local/bin/sendmaill
in my mts.conf it works properly. even though sendmaill is nothing but:
#!/bin/sh

sendmail "$@
Hi Cyber,

I use NixOS

So there's no /bin, etc., as we know it.

sendmail: sendmail
it complains that it cannot find the file.

I think execvp(3) is being used, so PATH is searched?

Right now I am using a very ugly hack, I have made an executable
sendmaill file in my home directory that does
sendmail "$@"
and I refer to that file in mts.conf.

Why is that sendmail found?  What's significant about $HOME?  Why
doesn't it recurse instead of finding the real sendmail?  There's the
`env sendmail' trick, but that's just searching PATH, which I thought
nmh was doing anyway by using execvp(3).

--=20
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy