Re: [nmh-workers] The State of exmh.

2018-11-07 19:13:09
tom wrote:
Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> writes:
I am subscribed, but occasionally I want to look at the archives.  I am
not a member of any other list that is restricted to subscribers only.
Are you actually arguing this makes sense?

FWIW, I am on quite a few other lists that restrict their archives
to subscribers.  It's not that insane a policy, though I agree it
doesn't really seem necessary for exmh-users.

If you want it changed, this is hardly the right list to be complaining
on.

of course, once one is on the right list, then one has access to
the archives, making the whole conversation, in the eyes of those
defending the policy, moot.  hard to have a rational conversation
about the issue in that context.

it's a dumb policy.  makes me think the people on the exmh list have
something to hide.

paul