Re: [nmh-workers] The State of exmh.

2018-11-07 19:54:22
of course, once one is on the right list, then one has access to
the archives, making the whole conversation, in the eyes of those
defending the policy, moot.  hard to have a rational conversation
about the issue in that context.

Even being on the list ... it's a pain.  Because to access the list
archives I have to remember my "list password", which is some randomly
generated string, which I never do so I always have to have it emailed
to me (I might be able to change it, but clearly it's stored in
plaintext because it always gets emailed back to me, so I don't want
to make it something I remember).  I mean, I don't get it ... why not
make them public?  I'm on a number of closed lists that require manual
approval to join, but the archives are still public.