[nmh-workers] send -split not working

2019-02-20 09:44:17
I am reading the book "MH & nmh: Email for Users & Programmers" and in it I
read about partial messages. The book has these instructions:

% comp
To: jerry
cc:
Subject: Testing send -split
-------
#text/plain [words] /usr/dict/words
#text/plain [signature] /home/ehuser/.signature

CTRL-D
--------
What now? e mhn      (on nmh, just mime)

What now? s -split 1
Sending as 5 Partial Messages
pausing 1 seconds before sending part 2...
pausing 1 seconds before sending part 3...
pausing 1 seconds before sending part 4...

However when I use comp and try sending a large file using send -split 1 -debug
I get:

Sending as 5 Partial Messages
/home/lambda/Mail/sendoORauNSubject: splitest (part 1 of 5)
post: message has no From: header
post: See default components files for examples
post: re-format message and try again
send: message not delivered to anyone

I tried using a components which fills a proper From header in for me. It did
fill in a good From: header but did not solve my problem. I am sure the From
header is correct because it does work without the -split option. I also tried
the -from option but that did not work either. I have no problems sending the
messages without the -split option.

I could not find any information about this problem in the book or the manpages
of send, post, and comp.

Does anyone know how to send partial messages? It seems like a really cool
feature but I cannot get it to work.