Re: [nmh-workers] Removing message/partial support

2019-04-23 20:30:00
I can't remember if I followed up or not, but over on the ietf-822 list
there were 3 or 4 products mentioned that had code but shipped with
the ability configured disabled.  Gnus seems to be the largest user
base that would potentially handle a message/partial either incoming or
outbound.  This implies "It's only of use if you already know a priori
that your recipient is running an uncommon mail stack".

You didn't mention it, but I went over and looked.  When the only
one that seems to ship with the ability do it is Gnus, then I think
that tells me everything I need to know.  I'm going to yank this all
out unless someone can come up with a plausible reason to keep it.

(And I see Ned weighed in on the base64 discussion we had a while ago;
I interpret his response as "it's perfectly fine to simply just stop
decoding at that point, emitting a warning is recommended but not
required").