Re: [nmh-workers] Can't forward MIME-encoded message

2019-05-09 16:12:34
I didn't know forw had a -mime switch.  Since this is something I'd find
very helpful, I just tried it, but it completely failed to work for me.

forw -mime doesn't have a wonderful interface; what it does is generate
a mhbuild directive and it puts it in the draft message.  You then have
to run "mime" on the resulting draft for the right thing to happen.

Thank you!  I just tried that, and it worked perfectly.

This is actually all covered in the man page for forw(1); let me know if
it is unclear.

No, it's clear enough; I just didn't think to read the man page until you
pointed it out just now.

I'm not defending this practice; it's the way it's always worked and I am
unable to come up with a better solution at this time.  Maybe someday ...

That's okay; the two-step process is still much easier than what I'd been
doing until now.

     - Steven
Steven Winikoff                | "Sometimes I think we're alone in the
Montreal, QC, Canada           |  universe, and sometimes I think we're
smw@smwonline.ca               |  not.  In either case, the idea is quite
http://smwonline.ca            |  staggering."