[nmh-workers] I Could Have Sworn that the inc Command used to work.

2019-06-01 09:17:37
I recently worked on my Debian box and mail began stacking up
from cron jobs that were erroring out because I had temporarily
removed the normal shell environment I use so I began getting the
"you have new mail" message which happens when the system checks
your mail queue as the shell prompt appears.

        I certainly can read the messages if I type mail but I
seem to recall one can type the inc command and all those
messages will slurp right in to nmh.

        When things are normal, procmail calls a small shell
script that sends the bell character to all logged-in sessions
and I put things back to normal and tried inc so all those
/bin/mail messages would become mh messages but nothing useful
happened.

        Should 'inc' manually pull in any messages in
/var/spool/mail/UID?

Thanks for any constructive suggestions.  This is not a major
issue but I'm curious as to whether I am just not remembering
things correctly.

Martin McCormick