nmh-workers

Re: [nmh-workers] Making OpenSSL 1.0.2 minimum version

2019-06-27 11:56:03
I think at this point we should consider OpenSSL
1.0.2 the minimum supported version of OpenSSL for nmh.  This would
guarantee we are doing TLS 1.2 everywhere and clean up some #ifdefs.
Objections?

One additional thing ... writing the code to check the version of
OpenSSL is a mild to moderate pain.  It seems like most people are
slowly switching to pkg-config for things like this.  What do people
think of using pkg-config for this?  Openssl 1.0.2 distributes a
pkg-config file so it sure seems like every instance of it would include
it (that would make pkg-config a build-time dependency if you wanted openssl
support, though).

--Ken

--
nmh-workers