Re: [nmh-workers] Making OpenSSL 1.0.2 minimum version

2019-06-27 11:56:09
Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> writes:
I think at this point we should consider OpenSSL
1.0.2 the minimum supported version of OpenSSL for nmh.  This would
guarantee we are doing TLS 1.2 everywhere and clean up some #ifdefs.
Objections?

That would make RHEL6 users, at least, sad:

$ rpm -q openssl
openssl-1.0.1e-57.el6.x86_64
openssl-1.0.1e-57.el6.i686

I am not exactly confident that replacing that with 1.0.2 or later would
be feasible --- didn't they break ABI to some extent in that revision?

                        regards, tom lane