Re: [nmh-workers] 'dist' in "1 line noninteractive script"

2019-07-20 07:54:24
On Fri 7/19/19 7:45 -0500 nmh@trodman.com wrote:
Want to use dist in cron or 'at' to
programatically resend a msg in my sent folder (in below example msg 2022).
I do not want this script to be interactive.

Consider
dist -from thud@zaz.com -to baz@nim.org -cc frog@thud.com -fcc resent +sent 2022

   I'm not understanding what the dist switches: -from, -to, -cc, and -fcc
are used for.

After looking again at the 'dist' man page I have:

    $ head -5 ~/Mail/distcomps
Pls check above.

Now w/above distcomps, the -from, -to, -cc, and -fcc switches work.

Consider

    echo send| dist -noedit -from thud@zaz.com -to baz@nim.org -cc
frog@thud.com -fcc resent +sent 2022

Is there a prefered way to the above approach for automating the send?

My goal is a to make a wrapper script that calls 'dist' so I can automate the
resending of a msg along with the proper "Resent-*" headers non interactively.
I would then use 'at' to schedule a couple of 'resends'.

--
thanks,
Tom