Re: [nmh-workers] 'dist' in "1 line noninteractive script"

2019-07-23 13:53:19
Hi Ralph:

On Sun 7/21/19 12:56 +0100 Ralph Corderoy wrote:
[...]
http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/nmh.git/tree/etc/distcomps is the
stock one for comparison.

Thanks Ralph, I have updated my personal distcomps per above.

    echo send |
    dist -noedit \
        -from thud@zaz.com -to baz@nim.org -cc frog@thud.com -fcc resent \
        +sent 2022

Is there a prefered way to the above approach for automating the send?

Another way is

   echo y | dist -whatnowproc send -to foo

The icky ‘y’ is needed to answer send(1)'s ‘Use ".../42"?’ message
stating the draft prepared by dist(1) and communicated with the mhdraft
environment variable.  send doesn't ask if its -draft is given, but
-whatnowproc doesn't accept ‘send -draft’ as it tries to exec a program
called that single word.

OK the whatnowproc must be a single word - good to know.
Thanks for the help.

David's follow up suggests that send uses a few
env variables to detect that 'dist' is calling it.

--
regards,
Tom