Re: [nmh-workers] FSF is changing Mailman list settings unless you opt out (fwd)

2019-09-27 12:04:59

Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> wrote:
    > I received this email, and I wanted to pass it along.  The executive
    > summary is: in the near future subject lines to nmh-workers will no
    > longer be prefixed with "[nmh-workers]" and there won't be a footer
    > at the end of the message anyone saying that this is the nmh-workers
    > mailing list.

This is one of several choice. This choice preserves the DKIM signature on
the headers and body.

    > You can read the details in the message for the complete
    > technical reasons why this is happening; the other option is to do
    > what is called "Munge From" and I personally think this is 100x worse
    > (I am on a Yahoo mailing list where this is done and I hate it).  If
    > people think we should switch to "Munge From" for this mailing list,
    > then please make your case here.

There is also the option to encapsulate.

Having tried all three, I relunctantly say that the Munge From is the least
annoying.