mairix patches; mairix difference vs notmuch?

2020-01-20 03:08:06
In case it's of interest to anyone here, I recently got around to trying
mairix for indexing my MH mail and quite liked it.  Some niggles annoyed
me though so I've a fork up on github which:

  - Numbers search results sequentially from 1 in the MH search results
    folder.
  - Sorts search results by date.
  - Supports MMDF archives.
  - Supports xz-compressed MMDF/mbox archives.

.. repo here: https://github.com/ConradHughes/mairix/tree/cjch

I'm curious whether anyone has a strong preference for notmuch and if
so, why.  notmuch looks as if it might have the superior search indexer,
but its lack of support for mbox/MMDF was a killer for me as I regularly
throw old mail into .mmdf.xz, and even giving it a cursory try its
search results on the command line seemed to be completely unusable.

Conrad