Re: nmh and fdm question

2020-02-25 03:16:03
Hi Arthur,

This is the raw email From line:

From: "The New Yorker" <thenewyorker@eml.condenast.com>

For the removal of doubt, can we have something like

    $ sed -n '/^From:/l; /^$/q' `mhpath .`
    From: aalinovi@riseup.net$
    $

And this is the line in my ~/.fdm.conf file:

match "^From:.*@eml.condenast.com" in headers action pipe
"/usr/local/libexec/nmh/rcvstore +trash"

Ditto that, e.g.

    sed -n '/condenast/l' ~/.fdm.conf

Could an earlier rule be triggering so this one isn't tested?
Otherwise, I'd use my normal regexp-debugging technique of matching
subsets and seeing where they stop, then subdivide the between the most
specific that matches and the next most specific that doesn't.

    match ".*rom.*condenast" in headers action write "/tmp/re0"
    match "^From.*\.condenast\.com" in headers action write "/tmp/re1"
    match "^From:.*@eml\.condenast\.com" in headers action write "/tmp/re2"

--
Cheers, Ralph.