Re: Messages change when I inc and then packf

2020-07-26 21:22:25
Ralph wrote:

Handle the field spread over multiple physical lines?
Also, cope with the field name in a case-insensitive manner.

Good ideas.

RFC 4155, App. A, says a UTC time-stamp has to be present so the
omission looks like a bug.  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4155

A timestamp is added, but it's localtime instead of UTC.  So that
shoud be fixed.  That's done for Return-Path: and when a From line
is constructed.

Another question.  If the first line is X-Envelope-From, that's
translated to "From ".  I don't have a single message with
X-Envelope-From on the first line.  And annotations could be
added to a message that would move X-Envelope-From off of the
first line.

If the first line isn't "From ", should we look through the entire
message header for an X-Envelope-From?  Or just maintain the
current behavior of only looking on the first line, and if it
isn't X-Envelope-From or "From ", generate a "From "?  That
doesn't seem right if there is an X-Envelope-From in the header.

David