Re: Synchronization Problem

2020-07-27 10:37:05
Kevin Cosgrove <kevinsemaillists@gmail.com> writes:
--000000000000a91b4205ab32ba7c

Hi Norman,

I've used fetchmail, and didn't need to resort to what you're doing. Here's
the gist of my fetchmailrc (without indentation)

set logfile /var/log/fetchmail
set daemon 300
set postmaster "windomain/kevin"
poll lookout.comp(without indentation)anyname.com protocol IMAP:
folder INBOX;
keep; # doesn't work with '-a'
mda "slocal -verbose"
password "imappassword";

Some context:

I am now very old and getting senile. A couple years ago now my internet
provider whom I had been using for about 25 years fired me because I live too
far South for it. So I switched to Comcast. Because of my senility, my
son-in-law did almost all of the work involved. Among many other things, he
set me up with a new Gmail business account because I have multiple Email
addresses. To get Email and nmh working he did many other things. But he
didn't get fetchmail working quite right; it leaves my messages as
individual files in a new directory he had to create. He could not do any of
this with ssh because, for security reasons, my router hopefully has an
impenetrable firewall. So he had to come to my house. He can no longer come to
my house because of COVID-19. I wrote the script shown in my previous message.

Email is very important to me, so I don't want to do anything that might break
something that I couldn't fix myself.

Here is my /root/.fetchmailGmailBusiness. I am also attaching it, lest my or
your Email change the indentations.

set postmaster "norm"

poll pop.gmail.com
    with proto POP3,
    user "norm@dad.org" there is norm here,
    with password "foobar",
    with ssl, sslcertck;

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

    Norman Shapiro