Re: sorting uniquely by message-id

2020-09-19 15:01:36
Indeed spaceman, other utilities can deduplicate emails, but we can do it
with nmh too.

Michael, your selection preference is good, so have updated dupl to work
the way you described. Please find attached "dupl", the utility of
interest, and "dedupl-list", an demonstration of the utility.

The files are also in this repository.
https://krabben.twilightparadox.com/fossil/nmh-contrib/

I should note, dupl is vulnerable to an attack by which one chooses
a bizarre message-id with a space or pipe to cause dupl to mark a
message as duplicate when it truly is not a duplicate. I figured this
was not an issue because there is already the simpler attack of sending
a message with the exact same message-id.

I respectfully remain your servant,
Krullen Van De Trap