Re: coming back to (N)mh after a 15 year hiatus..

2021-04-09 14:48:19
On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 10:43 AM Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ca> wrote:

George Michaelson <ggm@pobox.com> wrote:
    > I'm trying to come back to nmh after 15 years in the wilderness of
    > Mail.app and related.

What will you do for calendaring?
I moved to Google Calendar when I got a smartphone 10+ years ago, and I am
now very much unhappy with it.[...]
I otherwise use mh-e + nmh for email.

Since you're using mh-e, there are a few ways to integrate emacs and gcal
(they require you do the OAuth2 dance as a one-off, unfortunately). The
major sticking point is actually what you use to access the calendar from
the emacs side; most people seem to be using Org and Org-Agenda for that.
It's popular, seems to be functional and powerful, and it also seems to
involve going pretty deep down the Org rabbit-hole. If that isn't a problem
for you, look at org-gcal on github.

Hope that helps,
~Chad
P.S. If you get it working and well integrated into emacs/mh-e, I'd love to
hear about it. Thanks!