Re: check if message is in a particular sequence?

2021-04-29 11:50:14
What's the fastest/easiest way to check if a particular message
is a member of a particular sequence?

I thought I'd be able to compare the message number against the output
of "mark -list", but since sequences can be abbreviated with range
notation, that gets complicated quickly.  For example, message 6 is in
the sequence todo, but it's hard to tell from this:

You can get the expanded list of messages in a sequence by doing this:

        scan -format '%(msg)' sequence-name

I think from there, it's easy.  I do not know of a better way, but it
wouldn't surprise me if someone came up with something better.